Sunday, February 16, 2020

Met my weight loss goal for February today with mixed feelings

On Christmas Eve, a friend received a scale, and we all took a turn weighing ourselves. I was sick when I got on to see 245. I have always been on the heavy side from childhood, but as an adult, I was typically around 220.

January 1st I started eating more mindfully with the goals of drinking water/black coffee/tea, severely limiting my dairy, and incorporating more fruits and veggies into my diet. I gradually started tracking food via MyFitnessPal. I lost 19 pounds last month pretty quickly doing this.

February rolled around, and I decided my goal would be to exercise more with a weight goal of 220. I started off strong. I felt really good. Then my partner and I both got pretty sick. Viral infection and bronchitis left me not able to workout for a week. I actually kind of missed it, and I hate to exercise. Anywho, I have been back exercising the past three days, and it feels good when I am finished. I puked last night after my workout. That was a first. Also, I had a not so balanced diet the past two days due to Valentine's Day indulgences, and today I started being more mindful again.

I stepped on the scale today, and I am 219. 26 pounds down. I feel like this is a significant weight loss start, but I am unable to tell any real difference in my appearance, my clothes, or how I feel. All of this is a little depressing and conflicting to me. I am not sure if that is because those are my markers for "weight loss success". At this point, I feel like I am continuing because I know I need to. I am not as enthusiastic as I was.

Can anyone relate? I would love to hear any feedback.

submitted by /u/krishaze18
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37C8xQl

No comments:

Post a Comment