Sunday, February 16, 2020

Anyone have friends who disapprove of talking about weight loss?

I have struggled with binge eating since I was a teenager. Food is how I comfort myself. It is messed up. Well, I want it to stop. I want to be healthier and comfortable in my body.

I can't really announce it to anyone else because it is taboo to talk about weight loss and being unhappy about your body within my friend group. It is really frustrating because I don't want to make anybody feel bad about their body, but at the same time it would be great to be able to talk about this stuff with someone and get support. Body positivity is great but let's be realistic, I am not healthy and neither is the way I eat.

Has anyone run into this issue? I struggle with it because I have a lot of sympathy for those who are tired of hating themselves and their bodies and find peace in body positivity. I support my friends loving their bodies. But at the same time it would be nice to be able to go to someone and say "I'm really struggling tonight" and have it be OK and not shut down because it's "diet talk". Anyone else run into this issue?

submitted by /u/butt_goals
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SAadpr

No comments:

Post a Comment