Thursday, February 6, 2020

Please help, I'm stuck !

Hello you courageous people trying to lose weight. I'm turning to Reddit to solve this problem, hopefully with your help, because all my research on Google was pretty useless ( it's full of articles with bullshit tips I already know ).

I'm sure my story is pretty common, but I'll tell it anyway to give some details ( might be a bit long to read, sorry ). I'm 35 now, male, and I've been overweight since I was a teen. 2.5 years ago I reached 110kg ( 252lbs ) and decided to go on a final "diet", well not really a diet, more of a lifestyle change.

So I stopped eating and drinking sugars and carbs, only eating white meat, fruits and vegetables, no exercise. I lost 25kg ( 55lbs ) in around a year maybe, without counting calories ( seems pretty useless since 1000 calories of carbs are not worth 1000 of proteins or vegetables, I just eat 2-3 times a day until I'm not hungry, with fruits inbetween meals ).

And then I hit the infamous plateau, couldn't go lower than 85kg ( 187lbs ), and I'm still fat. For a year I tried to not gain that weight back, keeping the same diet ( I'm probably condemned to eat chicken for the rest of my life if I don't want to get fat again ), and it mostly worked. But everytime I have a family dinner at my parent's I can easily get 2-3kg back, just by eating some chips, spaghetti or drinking a beer. Quite disheartening.

During Christmas 2019 I reached 90kg ( 198lbs ) because of chocolate and other tasty stuff. After some research I found something about how insulino-resistance and diabetes running in the family ( my grandma is diabetic ) could affect my weight loss/gain. Coupled with a sedentary life ( I work all day with a computer ), my metabolism must be pretty low and inefficient.

So, since Christmas I started exercising to boost my metabolism. 30 minutes of fast walking on a threadmill, 3 to 5 times a week, while lifting weight at the same time. Exercising is really hard for me, not physically, but because it's boring, even if I listen to music or watch a movie at the same time.

And it's made worse by the fact that... it doesn't seem to work. It's been more than a month, with no results. I measure my belly and it's still the same ( 111cm or 43 inches ), and the scale barely moved. I'm not expecting to lose 10lbs per week, but I'm wondering if it's gonna pay off in the long run. I hate exercising and if it's useless on top of that it's really going to drag me down. Not losing weight while avoiding all the things I like to eat is already hard enough, but working extra hard for no result is even worse.

I'd be glad to hear people who had the same problem and found a solution.

submitted by /u/LordSkelos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31tVgIo

No comments:

Post a Comment