Thursday, February 6, 2020

Is 1,000 cals/day sustainable weight loss?

(19F/5'4"/CW175) I've been on the journey and gradually changing my lifestyle for a little over two months now and feel great. I slip up occasionally, as one does, but I'm learning to live with my mistakes and don't beat myself up over it as much as I used to.

Now, I've been doing IF ever since I started and it's been working really well for me. But as it turns out, getting your meals in during only six hours of the day is pretty challenging. I don't get noticeably hungry anymore and as long as I keep my cravings in check, I end up around 1000 calories a day (sometimes less). In my experience, one of the most frequently given advice is that too much restriction is bad/not sustainable, which is perfectly valid. I know going so low generally isn't recommended and I don't mean to keep it up forever (duh) but at the moment, I don't feel as if it's impacting me negatively. I'm not drained or tired for no apparent reason, I can get my workouts done and generally feel well.

I guess I'm really just asking for your honest opinion or any related experiences you might have. I don't feel as if I'm depraving myself of something, but my biggest fear is honestly that I'll up my calorie intake again when I feel like maintaining/going slower for a while and discover that my metabolism slowed to the point I'll plateau completely or even gain weight. I know, rationally, that it's rather unlikely for my BMR to drop this low, but if you were willing to put in your two cents on the matter, I'd be glad.

submitted by /u/yesimagaymer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bfrE5X

No comments:

Post a Comment