Sunday, February 16, 2020

This post has been coming for a very very long time.

Next week will mark the 5th anniversary of me hitting onederland for the first time. But my weight loss journey started long before that. it started in 2012 when I weighed in at a whopping 430 pounds.

The event that started my weight loss is a sad one, my dad died in November of 2012. He was overweight and his weight and sedentary life lead to his death. I was terrified that would happen to me if I didn't change my life around.

I did just that. I already owned a fitbit so I vowed to take 10,000 steps every day in 2013 and I did, even if it meant me walking in place for an hour every day. In March of 2013 I started logging my food on myfitnesspal and by the end of the year I was down to 300 lbs. At the end of 2014 I was at 210 lbs.

On February 27th 2015 I weighed 199, the first time I was under 200 in my adult life. I've been around there ever since. Sure I've fluctuated a bit, I got up to 240 once but I was able to get that under control. I also got down to 188 once or twice but I've never been able to get any lower.

Today I'm at 208 lbs and I'm working my way back to onederland. I know I can do it, I've done it many times before but this time I don't want to stop at 195 and say good enough. I want to keep losing until I hit a healthy BMI. I want to hit 170 and maybe posting this will give me the extra push I've been missing on all my previous attempts to not just lose weight bit become a healthier person.

Obligatory before and after

submitted by /u/Sabresfan747
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39CyDUX

No comments:

Post a Comment