Sunday, February 16, 2020

NSV - I said “no” to ordering in

I’ve been in therapy for the last year to address some pretty severe anxiety which has resulted in binge eating for the last decade. It’s only been in the last month or so that I’ve been able to start taking control of my health. In my case, this looks like more movement, more vegetables, and more water. At the beginning of February, I made the commitment to start tracking food in the Lose It app. I’m not making any calorie adjustments, just committing to tracking every last sip and bite.

Tonight, my husband decided to order in from our favorite burger restaurant. I always go for the peanut butter pickle bacon burger (don’t knock it until you try it!), but after already having a hamburger today and being out of calories, I stopped him and said, “I want you to order for yourself, but please don’t order anything for me.”

Even a month ago, I wouldn’t have been in this place. I’m recognizing my hunger cues, making movement a priority, and gaining the ability to stop and think before I say “yes” to food.

I finally feel like I am making a turn in my healing process as well as really getting started on my weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/runningbibliophile
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uS0Rfx

No comments:

Post a Comment