Friday, February 14, 2020

Tips on losing weight

At the beginning of 2020, I was at 353 pounds. The good news is that I have started doing something about it since the start of January and have committed myself to losing most of it. I started following a strict diet regimen and going to the gym at least 4-5 times a week. I made radical changes to my lifestyle (using only artificial sweeteners in coffee (recently even threw away my coffee cause I had forgotten and used real sugar) and refraining from eating anything that is sugary; I was addicted to Coke but now I only ever drink CokeZero).

At the gym, I am, so far, just doing cardio. I have only ever exclusively used the elliptical machine. On average, I burn 500-700 calories in each exercise bout. Sometimes, I up the effort and burn 1000 -1200 calories. Concurrently, I track my calories and set a maximum of 1800 calories a day (I have high metabolic rate and need 3000-4000 calories I suppose). One day I did remarkable effort and I took in 1000 calories and burned a 1000 calories. So far just in January, and following this regimen, I have gone down to 342 pounds, a loss of 11 pounds. However since about a week, I feel my kitchen scale has been stopping at 342 pounds and the continuity of weight loss I have been experiencing seems to be coming to a halt. I do not know if it is a problem with the scale because they tend to be inaccurate at times (In fact, I once weighed myself and found my weight at 342 pounds only to find it at 340 pounds a few hours later when I had not eaten or drunk anything in the meantime). The progress had been super motivating to me but once the kitchen scale stopped registering the supposed corresponding decreases to my efforts that I had been expecting, I started to feel quite demotivated, especially when taking into consideration the radical changes I had been making to my lifestyle. I even felt like not weighing myself anymore or getting rid of my scale.

Am I doing this weight loss thing correctly? Should I weigh myself every month? Or should I not even bother using kitchen scales. Demotivation is the enemy. The last time I was this serious about weight loss was some years back when I lost 40 pounds and went down to 300 pounds. Yet, it became increasingly harder to fall below 300 pounds (as marked by the gym scale; I was at a different gym which had its own scale so I did not feel like getting a kitchen scale) that I abandoned my efforts altogether and gained the 40 pounds back. I now realize this was one of the stupidest decisions I ever made. If looking at the scale will demotivate me, I feel like getting rid of it.

If it is relevant, my age is 25. I mention this because some folk told me once you hit that age, it becomes harder to lose weight, a notion which has been demotivating me all the same.

If you have advice on how to have to prevent loose skin in the process as weight loss proceeds, I would appreciate it too.

Thank you so much in advance.

submitted by /u/MohamedShaban
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OVPUk9

No comments:

Post a Comment