Friday, February 14, 2020

When you are past the initial weight loss high and into the slog...

Like most people with a lot of weight to lose, the beginning of my journey involved pretty rapid weight loss for the first 3 months. I was losing an average of 2.5 pounds a week and I dropped 3 clothing sizes, going from 24W to to 18W. It was exciting to put away clothes that no longer fit and to see the number on the scale keep going down.

Now, I'm almost 5 months in. I'm still losing. Just more slowly. And I'm not seeing any of those exciting NSVs like fitting into clothes that I hadn't been able to wear in a long time, flying without a seatbelt extender, dropping my diabetes meds, etc. Those are in the rear view mirror. Don't get me wrong, I'm still really happy about those accomplishments, especially getting my diabetes under control. It's just that the changes are much slower now and it's been a while since I had one of those little victories.

I still have a loooonnnnnggg way to go before I hit anything close to a normal weight. It will likely be another 5 or 6 months before I even hit onederland. I'm not struggling in the sense that I'm considering going back to my old way of eating or anything, I'm just kind of feeling blah about it all. I guess this is the mental part of the work? To keep slogging on and to keep losing weight even when I'm not getting any kind of boost from it that is apparent in the moment? Maybe I need to just keep eating like this and stop thinking about the weight loss and focus on other things?

Any tips from people who lost a lot of weight over a long period of time about how you handled the slog of it all?

submitted by /u/clickinggonewrong
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uKB6Ol

No comments:

Post a Comment