Thursday, February 13, 2020

Today I needed a seat belt extender on a plane. Today is day one again.

I was down to 285 in late 2018. All the way down from 410. I lost the weight in about 18 months (CICO). I was feeling really good about my weight loss.

Since that time I’ve got a divorce, sold the only home I’ve ever owned, and gained 60lbs of that weight back. I’m sitting typing this on a southwest flight embarrassed that I had to ask for a seat belt extension. I could feel my face turning red as I sucked in my gut and tried my damndest to buckle. I admitted defeat and asked for the belt. I know my face was still red because I was embarrassed....but major props to the southwest attendant, he could tell this was not something I wanted to ask for and was very helpful and gracious.

Anyway, I started feeling shitty about gaining the weight back and decided that wasn’t going to do me any good. I’m still around 60lbs down from my highest weight, and I’ve had a hell of a year and a half. I can either wallow in self pity and gain EVERYTHING back, or kick ass like I know I can and move forward. So that’s what I am doing.

Today is day one. 2.0. Thanks for the inspiration folks.

submitted by /u/garebeargg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HmZ3hq

No comments:

Post a Comment