Thursday, February 13, 2020

Where do I go from here?

I started my weight loss in January 2019 at 319lbs and I've got my weight down to 179lbs as of today. I will be the first one to say that my eating habits weren't always the best, I generally used to restrict to 1000 calories or less which wasn't too difficult, but it is becoming harder to continue as time goes on. Ever since the beginning of this year, it isn't as easy as it was to eat 1000 calories minimum, it doesn't give me enough variety in my diet.

I haven't visited a gym or have focused on muscle at all, which has left me with a "pudgy" look. As in, I can feel my ribs if I push on my chest but I do still have moobs, a muffin-top still and there is still fat on my thighs/calves. (I don't look slim)

I would still like to lose weight, but it is clear that losing it this quickly is having an adverse affect on the appearance of my body.

Is it best to bump it up to 1200 calories per day, so I'm still at a 1000 daily deficit, which should mean a 2lb weight loss per week? Ideally I would like to get 165lbs-ish by June/July.

Unfortunately I can't afford a gym membership so I'm unclear what to do on that front, I'm tired of my huge thighs and my chunky calves.

I haven't measured myself recently but my last measurements were this -

Neck: 14 inches

Waist: 37 Inches

Thighs: 19 Inches

Arms: 10 Inches

Chest: 40 Inches

Calf: 17 Inches

Height: 5FT 11

(Measurements are likely to have changed a little bit, but overall I'm still chunky.)

I am certainly not willing to give up on weight loss but I do want to get a body that I am happy with, whilst I do weigh less, I don't look thin. I do wear compression clothing and prefer tighter belts, which does help a little bit.

Guidance would be appreciated, I look at /r/progresspics for my weight and my body doesn't look anything like what I see, which sucks a little.

Is the problem too much body fat? I'm not too sure what's going on.

Thank you. :)

submitted by /u/CaptainJaneway_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38qJpNY

No comments:

Post a Comment