Monday, April 6, 2020

Advice for weight loss please

So, Here's my situation: I've been on the keto diet on and off for about a year. Initially it was working out great, I was losing weight faster than I thought was possible just sitting on my backside and doing outdoor farm work maybe 30 minutes a day. I'd dropped from 300lbs to 245 in just a couple months. But over the past couple of months my depression has been kicking my backside more and more and I've been slipping on my diet.

On top of that, I live with my parents who largely control what comes into the house in the as food. They're supportive of the diet and such but there's often not enough food in the house that I should be eating on my diet. An abundance of cake, sweets, pasta, bread, and other such things, but as far as meats and such go the supply is comparatively limited, so often times if I'm hungry I'll have no other options than a cup of tea with truvia for sweetener and/or a high carb item.

That's just for a point of reference though. The real advice I could really use is what sorts of exercises could I be doing in a confined space? When the weather gets nicer [less mud and such since I live in an area that has issues with muddy dirt roads and such until summer.] I'm planning on doing some jogging for cardio and such. Presently the only idea that's come to mind is doing sit ups, since I'm a tad too heavy for pushups. I do want to start doing those too though once I've lost some weight. I'm not sure if it's a matter of upper body strength or not though since I live/work on a horse ranch and often need to carry around 50lb bags of grain and often carry 90lbs of hay around at a time without issue.

submitted by /u/Dragonvcat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34fajXT

No comments:

Post a Comment