Saturday, April 11, 2020

Can I lose weight with a calorie deficit alone?

I’ve been feeling discouraged lately.

I lost 14 pounds in November to December. I was eating roughly 1600 calories a day and weight training 3 time’s a week. I discovered I loved weight training and it’s super enjoyable for me. New Years and Christmas came and I got thrown off track a bit, but I didn’t gain any weight back; I maintained the weight but when I went back, I had health complications. I have ovarian cysts. Mine can be really disruptive. Some days I would have to stop weight training because my cyst gets too painful and sometimes I would have to stop a week. I went back to the gym and as soon as I got back in the groove, this virus stuff came into my country fast and my gym got closed February and basically, I stopped for a bit. Two weeks ago, I decided this is it, I need to continue my journey. I’m still 195(I started at 208 and went to 195) which is the great news (I maintained my weight!), so I started calorie counting again. I have it set at 1600. I go for nature walks everyday. Not too long. Slow, enjoyable walks with the dogs for about 20-40 minutes.

I tried to do at home workouts and my cyst is really bad. It hurt so bad after I was done and the entire night I felt uncomfortable and couldn’t sleep. My doctor called and told me it’s two inches big now and if it causes disruptions in my life, they will drain it but I don’t feel comfortable going in public now because of the pandemic. I’ve been feeling discouraged because it’s been two weeks and I feel like I should be seeing weight loss results. I’m also worried I won’t lose much weight if I’m only dieting and taking short walks. I might start going for morning jogs (if my cyst allows it ._.) but basically, is this even worth it? I’m not going to just give up but I really need advice... not being able to weight train is really putting me down. Eating 1600 calories a day feels like nothing is being done.

submitted by /u/hskxidi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yOehuI

No comments:

Post a Comment