Thursday, April 2, 2020

Here we go...

Hello,

This is my first post on Reddit, let alone my first in this subreddit. However I'm very familiar with this community & decided to post today because I just want to see people's opinions on my situation and what pieces of advice could be provided. Anything will help. Really.

I'm currently a 20 year old male, 6'3 in height, and have been battling weight issues with what seems to be my entire life now. My first time recognizing that I was 'overweight' was in grade school (5th grade to be exact) when I had to tuck in my shirt and saw my belly flop over the belt loop of my pants. As I looked around I remember not being able to relate to any of my classmates as their bellies went straight under their pants in contrast to mine. This would soon become the start of when everything went downhill.

As my friends went on to get girlfriends, join the sport teams, get invited to the most 'exclusive' parties, I was on the other hand blowing up like a puffer fish. It's very hard at this point in time to recall what my exact weight was since I avoided the scale any opportunity I could, but I would say my weight went from 225-250 lbs throughout high school. And yes, as you can imagine, during that time I had no girlfriends, no "friends" that were girls, popularity, admiration, etc. This would eventually create 90% of the depression, anxiety, lack of self-worth, self-confidence, and many more negative feelings that I'm sure you're very familiar with that I would battle up until today. And to add to that, after enrolling in community college for another 2+ years I have added on another 20 lbs totaling it up to 270 lbs at this point. And college/life after college has just been another repeat of high school so I won't bore you with another story.

So as I write to you today, I genuinely am trying to reach out to hear real advice and even stories from people who know what its' like in the dark. Unfortunately a lot of the friends around me now don't understand the situation I've gone through, as majority of them are healthy and have grown up slim. Which is a good and bad thing.

I've tried the Ketogenic diet (all love to my keto nazis), lost 40 lbs in 3 months but gained it right back within 4-5 months after finding out my crush liked my best friend for the past year. Tried intermittent fasting, water fasting, you name it, I've tried it. However my friends, I just can't seem to stick to anything.

What way of weight loss has worked for you? And what do you recommend I do or practice so that I can stick with something I know will be beneficial for me in the long run?

NOTE: If you've managed to read this entire post, thank you. Never knew what it felt like to get this off my chest :)

submitted by /u/ForsakenDesires
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JA3era

No comments:

Post a Comment