Thursday, April 2, 2020

I need some positive reinforcement...

57 yo female. I was diagnosed with T II DM in late January, as well as high BP. Have RA.

Dr. was supportive when I got the diagnosis, and said that losing weight would definitely help both conditions, and I might be able to get completely free of medication with weight loss and exercise.

Dropped 15 lbs in 2 months with medically managed low carb diet, (1400 cal daily), 90 minutes daily gym time, and metformin. Started feeling better. Then work days got longer-I'm in healthcare, but not patient interaction, I didn't have a place to store lunch from home, and my gym closed.

My work week has gone from 50 hours a week to 32 hours a week, and I plan to get back on track. I want to buy a bike for exercise, but when my kids were young I had one, and almost never rode it. My husband is telling me that I shouldn't buy one because I probably won't ride it this time either. Now I feel selfish about spending money on it. (The bike I want is less than $100)

submitted by /u/Suspiciously-Normal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34703k5

No comments:

Post a Comment