Tuesday, April 7, 2020

How to stay motivated for small amounts of weight loss?

First time poster here, so I (F19) am 5'3 and 140 pounds. I've browsed through this subreddit and a couple others for a few hours, and it seems most posts are about big weight losses. I'm curious as to how people stay motivated to lose smaller amounts of weight? My main motivation right now is I want to feel better about pictures (specifically I wanna start posting thirst traps lol). But I don't really have a problem with my body - I eat relatively healthy most of the time, drink only on weekends, and don't have any health problems. I wouldn't consider myself regularly active, but my body does move when I want it to, and I've noticed I gain muscle pretty easily when I workout consistently.

I have begun to notice I go through cycles where I really want to reach 130 pounds and be able to take good pictures without posing so damn hard, so I eat superrr healthy and have a regular workout schedule. This usually lasts a week or two, until I get tired of having to put so much effort into my food/daily life, and I justify it by saying I'm not insecure so why am I trying so hard anyway? Then I go back to basically sedentary lifestyle with somewhat healthy eating again.

I'm looking for other people who have been in similar situations, how do you stick to it? What is your motivation to lose a few pounds? How do you not "give in"? Is it possible to lose weight while being happy with yourself?

**BTW I don't mean to come off mean at all. I'm sorry if anything comes off that way, please let me know and I'll clarify!

submitted by /u/AdvancedAction
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xfxyom

No comments:

Post a Comment