Friday, April 10, 2020

I need encouragement right now...

I am so frustrated. I am 5'8, 34 years old, female, and weigh 242. My heaviest has been 244. I've been committed to losing weight since I got quarantined 3 weeks ago. In my attempts to lose, I've consistently been doing the following:

--I've given up ALL soda and fast foods. Used to be a staple of my diet sadly, but since getting quarantined on match 19,I've given it up 100%.

--I've given up coffee, because the way I like to drink it is with tons of cream and sugar and I'd have about 4 cups a day. Now I drink nothing but water (on average around 70 ounces a day, sometimes more), and I'll have two cups of green tea with 1tbsp honey for sweetness.

--I track my calories. I don't really eat any processed foods. It's all been whole foods I cook myself.

--I try to watch my portions (I only eat on small plates and small bowls) but sometimes I admittedly do slip up and eat seconds. That usually happens at dinnertime.

--Oh and speaking of dinnertime, I've cut myself off from eating after 7pm. And my sugar and salt intake has dramatically decreased as well. If it's not in the whole foods I'm eating, I don't add it. Except in the honey I add to my tea and morning oatmeal (which in total is only 3 tbsp a day).

--And yes, I exercise. I'll do bodyweight exercises in my apartment in the morning and then I'll go for a 30-60 minute power walk around my neighborhood. I do that about 5 times a week.

The heaviest I've been in this three weeks has been 244,the lightest 240,and now I'm back to 242. This whole time I've just been bouncing around in that 4 pound area.

I didn't expect to lose 10 lbs in a week or anything but I hoped by now I'd start seeing some results.....

Is it normal for the weight loss to be slow at first? Does it take longer than 3 weeks to get it started?

I'm so frustrated, even bordering on angry. I DON'T want to give up. Despite the fact that I haven't lost any pounds, I'm starting to feel better physically. I can walk without my back killing me. My energy seems to be a bit better. I know I'm putting healthier foods in my body and that is better for my overall health. But I don't want to be obese anymore! I just want to lose this fat......

submitted by /u/gaiawitch87
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34s1jP8

No comments:

Post a Comment