Friday, April 10, 2020

Need advice on giving advice

First, I would like to start by saying that this chat has helped me tremendously to figure out what works for me in my weight loss and keep me motivated. Everyone here gives genuine advice and I love this community for it. I am 3 pounds away from losing 30 lbs and I’m feeling the healthiest I’ve been in years.

That being said, I am becoming more adventurous and wanting to do more with my new muscles and lighter body. Specifically, I want to go scuba diving and become certified. I want to go to amusement parks and hiking and travel more (once it becomes safer to do so).

I’m looking for advice on how to let my sister know that she isn’t capable of keeping up with me because of her weight. My sister is about 285 and actively makes fun of me for eating tofu over beef because I want to save on calories. I’ve tried to provide a good role model type advice, without actively telling her that her weight is restricting her quality of life. And frankly it hadn’t been an issue because she doesn’t go anywhere anyway.

Except now, she wants to travel with me to do all of these things that she’s not physically capable of doing. One specific example is the scuba diving. She wants to go with me, and wants me to hang back on being certified and doing more difficult dives so she can do the easier stuff with me.

I love my sister dearly, despite her attitude. But I don’t want to hold myself back because she’s not capable of reaching my level of difficulty. And it all comes down to her fitness level. We have traveled together many times before and it is always the same frustrations that pop up. I want to go somewhere but it would require leaving her behind.

As a side note, my sister had massive anxiety, so leaving her alone is not something she can handle. And I don’t want her to be anxious or sad, so I try not to do that. But the thought of holding myself back, after all of my hard work, is stressing me out.

I’d like to open a dialogue and ask whether anyone here had someone address their weight with them, and that was how they got started on their weight loss journey. I know everyone needs to find their own way and what works for them for the weight loss itself. But I’d like to ask specifically how people made that first choice to begin consciously trying. What happened that made the stagnation turn into actively trying?

If you got this far, thank you for reading! Stay safe everyone 💕

submitted by /u/J3nnyFire
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34s1ji6

No comments:

Post a Comment