Friday, April 10, 2020

I've started new habits in quarantine

I've developed some new habits after committing to a 90 day weight loss plan and things seem like they're starting to work for me better than diets in the past. I came up with all of this based on research/reading online and just trying things out.

Something that is REALLY helping is having more water. Especially with meals, it helps me feel full and eat slower.

I'm also doing 15 min of stretches every morning, before breakfast, and 15 min of exercise (bodyweight only) every evening before dinner. And 1 hr long walk every day (if I can).

I am only getting 'take out' once per month, and the options are so limited now anyways because of the quarantine so that is making this part way easier. Instead, I get 3 oven/microwave meals every week from the grocery store-- oven pizza, oven chips/fries, chicken strips, lasagne, noodle dishes, curry etc.

For breakfast and lunch everyday I am eating the same thing now. Breakfast is a cup of coffee and a piece of fruit or a waffle, or 1/2 cup homemade granola. Lunch is a salad and hummus wrap with a vegetarian protein source, or a small bowl of homemade egg fried rice with veggies.

For dinner, I make a homemade turkey and bean chili and have that two nights, or I'll make a pasta dish, or I'll have vegetables and a protein source with potatoes: things like roasted broccoli and cauliflower, parsnips, roasted potatoes, and creamed kale.

For snacks/and dessert I have stopped buying all chips/crisps, cereal, nuts, and with the things I have I'm portioning it out better, because I cant go shopping as often as before. I have low calorie/high protein ice cream, which I only have 1 scoop of. I buy 1-2 bags of plain salted popcorn, but I only eat 1 medium bowl as a serving. And other than that I just have bananas and apples.

This is obviously for a person with limited caloric needs, but I hope that some of the tips can be helpful!

I think for me, my main weakness is the restaurant food, and quarantine is really helping with that. As a person with limited caloric needs, I would still finish of a whole pizza, or a whole plate of food from a restaurant every time and I was going and that would be 2-3 times per week. There were restaurants that I thought were healthy like where I would get grilled chicken and rice, but the portions were huge and I'm sure it still had more calories than I thought. I also didn't really have a game plan for lunch or dinner and was buying a lot of pre-made foods for those meals too. Now, I'm forced to create a shopping list and portion out my foods because of the shopping trips.

submitted by /u/arden30
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cjeHrJ

No comments:

Post a Comment