Friday, April 3, 2020

Is it wrong for people to take you more seriously after weight loss?

On a throwaway as I don't want my friends to see this post.

I was slim most of my life but gained a lot of weight from 2014 to 2017 (100lbs). Started to get my shit together in 2018, lost 50lbs and met a guy. We dated for a while but he never wanted to be exclusive. He was very honest about it, he told me openly he was multi-dating and he wasn't going to stop.

I had very low confidence at the time because of my weight, despite the 50lb loss I was still obese and very uncomfortable in my own skin. My lack of confidence was apparent, I couldn't hide it. He ended things with me due to this, but part of me really thinks he didn't view me as a viable option because of my physical appearance.

Anyway, it was over and I continued on with life. I have now lost the other 50lbs... 100 total. Confidence is back and I feel wonderful. I am just more focused on building muscle now. The weight loss has changed my life in so many ways. Having people treat me so differently has been eye opening. I am much more empathetic because of this but perhaps also a little oversensitive.

In quarantine I have been reflecting a lot, which lead to me reach out to the guy I mentioned. We hadn't spoke in 10 months but I always hated how things ended between us. The last conversation wasn't great and I had regrets. I apologised and we got to talking, I suggested being friends and he agreed. I felt so good about this, like a weight had been lifted because I thought he disliked me.

Obviously he can see my new picture and I told him about my weight loss, he was very nice and supportive. We had been talking as friends for a couple of weeks but now he told me he wants to take me out on a date whenever the pandemic is over. I said no because he seems to have a lot going on in that area and I don't want to be involved. He told me he isn't seeing anyone else and is willing to try again with just me. I told him I would have to think about it.

The change of heart... and so quickly has me in my feelings a little. We dated for months and he never wanted to be exclusive and now we haven't spoke in almost a year, talked for 2 weeks and he is willing to do it.

Am I being too sensitive? Is it wrong for people to take you more seriously after weight loss?

submitted by /u/ali-m-sp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xQNRb9

No comments:

Post a Comment