Friday, April 3, 2020

Conflicted about calorie counting

About a month ago, I started my weight loss journey in earnest. I’m using LifeSum to track my calories and doing 30-45 minute yoga sessions about 5 times a week. I’m feeling great and seeing results!

For a long time, I’ve stocked my social feeds with body positive content, and I find that this usually only helps my motivation by fostering a deeper love and respect for my body. However, I recently read a post by one of my favourite body positive influencers that called calorie counting an “unhealthy weight loss behaviour”. So I did some googling and found a lot of articles claiming that calorie counting is deeply unhealthy and compulsive. I want to protect my mental health, and it’s important to me that any lifestyle changes I make that result in weight loss are sustainable and rooted in self love, so this worries me. But calorie counting seems to be the best method I’ve tried so far. I don’t feel deprived or hungry, and I’m way more aware of macros.

Does anyone else struggle with this? Is there anything I can do to practice caution in calorie counting?

submitted by /u/papa_red
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dTRTjx

No comments:

Post a Comment