Thursday, April 9, 2020

Losing pregnancy weight - but hate dieting. Can I lose with just exercise?!

Hi! So I just had my first baby 6 months ago. Woohoo!

I gained a normal amount during the pregnancy - about 25 lbs. I also exclusively breastfed for 6 months and just finished weaning. In those 6 months I didn’t really exercise much - focused on walking a lot and just all around getting used to being a mom.

I am now so freaking ready to lose my pregnancy weight. I am still about 12 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight - I was probably in the best shape of my life right before I got pregnant too.

I love exercising. I love running outside (used to do 20 miles in a week), I love body weight training, and I had finally learned to enjoy weights. At about 4 months post partum, I started incorporating exercise and now I workout about 6 days a week with body weight training 4x a week, running 1x a week, and yoga 1x a week.

My only issue is that I really freaking hate dieting and limiting my calories. I don’t think I eat badly at all. I rarely eat processed food except for an occasional bowl of cereal. I also rarely snack in between meals. I only drink coffee with milk and water during the day. I always eat breakfast. In the morning I have 3 eggs with toast and a cup of coffee. For lunch I may have rice with chicken (I’m Indian) and for dinner I have something similar - some sort of carb (rice or bread) with lentils or chicken. I never overload my plate. I don’t eat many veggies or fruits though.

Is it possible to see weight loss of 10-12 lbs through my current exercise routine or do I need to start limiting my calories. I know it’s 80% diet and 20% exercise but bleh..... does it have to be?!? I love food and I don’t even think I eat badly or too much. How long would it take!?

submitted by /u/bibikhn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3edmQiQ

No comments:

Post a Comment