Saturday, April 4, 2020

Losing weight when you have a history of ED.

Can you do it? What did you do to lose weight without triggering something in you? Losing weight is really hard for me, but I’m 160lbs, the heaviest I’ve ever been. I have thoughts of losing like 20-30 lbs. but I’m nervous about spiraling because when I try to actively lose weight I think too much, and obsess with it.

I can’t take normal weight loss advice like... “Intermittent fasting” which is really just a sugar coated way of having an ED to me... nope, no thank you! Or measuring food out and counting calories, these things just make me super hyper focused and instead of feeling good about the weight loss, I just feel bad about myself and my brain remembers these things as being bad for me.

But I want to be 130lbs again. I look in the mirror, and feel indifference to my body, which is different... I’ve always thought I was fat when I looked in the mirror (body dysmorphia, even at 100lbs my body doesn’t look physically different to my brain now than it did 4 years ago tbh) but this is a part of my brain I don’t listen to anymore because I’m aware that I am not fat. However I don’t know if it’s possible to lose that much weight without doing those sort of weight loss things that make me think too much about food and weight loss.

Anyone here have experience with this?

submitted by /u/rebeccalaurenx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34aUS2I

No comments:

Post a Comment