Friday, April 10, 2020

[NSV] - Noticing how my eating habits have changed

For the last couple of weeks, I've more or less stopped tracking calories, which I had been doing seriously for about a year and a half. I'm a student, so I'm headed into finals season so between that, being stuck at home and not being able to go to the gym, I figured I would take calorie counting off my plate for a month. It helps me focus on exercise as a way to stay sane, not to help weight loss and I figured there's enough going on as is.

Anyhow, I've been weighing myself every few days, as usual, just to keep an eye on things. I was fully expecting to gain a couple of pounds and saw maintaining as a best-case scenario, but lo and behold I've actually lost about a pound in those two weeks. It's not mounds of progress, but I was really proud to see that my natural behaviours have changed. I never thought that I could lose any weight without tracking my food and exercise, even loosely, but it seems like a year and some of retraining my body and reevaluating my relationship with food has actually made a difference (which was not the case when I took a few week's worth of break this summer!).

It took me this long to realize that my healty actions had really turned into healthy habits and I hope that all of you out there who maybe aren't sticking to their plan quite as exactly as before can find something like that too. It has made me feel a whole lot better about my current situation :)

submitted by /u/EacHjgEt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2y3XTWE

No comments:

Post a Comment