Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Started my loser journey last week. Today, I could finally hold a thirty second plank.

I’ve never been obese but I’ve always been “overweight” per most nutritionists’ standards. I’ve been seeing nutritionists since I was 11, been on more diets than I even remember, and have suffered from deeply low self esteem my whole life. Two years ago I finally learned to love myself and stop pushing for unattainable body goals. Ironically, the more I accepted my body and curves and the more I allowed myself to enjoy food, the more weight I gained. I am now 40lbs over my ideal weight (145lbs) and last week I started a weight loss and health journey for myself. I’ve been running and working out daily, specifically doing a 30-day ab challenge that includes planks. Last week I couldn’t hold a plank for longer than 10 seconds and today I held it for 30 without too much effort. I am so proud of myself and so glad there’s a community here to share my progress with.

I’m motivated by this community to post a before and after in a month and challenge myself to make myself proud. Oh, I’ve also started intermittent fasting (8/16) this week and am already feeling much lighter.

Tomorrow’s workout is for all of us losers!

submitted by /u/bonitawehbe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c6GSKm

No comments:

Post a Comment