Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Weight loss "obsession", is this unhealthy?

I am 25 male, 170lbs, 5'10. Down from 260 in 6 months.

Food, exercise and losing weight is literally all I focus on. I count my calories religiously, track macros, weigh myself twice a day. I know there's not really any point in that but I do it anyway. I have put everything into this and I'm really proud of how far I've come.

I love the satisfaction if the number goes down but if it goes up I panic and restrict calories more. My daily calories is 1000 which is quite low especially with the amount of exercise I do (2-3 hours daily).

Eating kind of stresses me out. I have eliminated most foods because I thought they would make me fat and I'm basically left with green beans and chicken breast lol. If I eat something unhealthy I won't stop until I have worked it off 3x over.

Is it okay to keep this up until I hit my goal weight (140) or am I better off slowing it down or changing it up? I'm worried that I won't be able to stop or that I won't know what to do with myself. Most of all, I'm scared of gaining the weight back.

My body image isn't the best, I thought losing weight would improve it but all I can see when i look in the mirror is all the excess fat I'm trying so hard to lose.

submitted by /u/Islacfydjt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39TMTZf

No comments:

Post a Comment