Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Teenager needing help

18 (F) 5’3 SW: 160ish CW: 151 GW:120-130

throwaway account for personal reasons

This is my first time posting on reddit but I’ve used it a long time and I am a sub on this thread!

I struggle with binge eating and I have my whole life. As a young woman this has greatly destroyed my confidence and self worth. I decided to actually change and not fall through like I usually do. I’ve done a great job and I’m proud of myself! In three weeks, I’ve lost 10ish pounds, worked out and eaten less than 1000 calories every day. I haven’t had the urge to binge in a LONG time and I’ve resisted going back to my old habits in situations where I was presented with lots of food. I’m doing well and quarentine / college is encouraging me to change my habits. People have said they’ve seen change and I kind of have too but I still haaaattteeeeee the way I look :(

My friend enables my ED. She also binges and when we get together we would always go out to eat. Since I have started my journey she has gotten worse and has eaten way more. I’ve tried to help her the best I can but I see herself worsening the binging despite her call out for help. Whenever we’re together and I don’t eat I feel kind of guilty? Like we bonded over binging? But now that I’ve started losing weight just the thought of a binge disgusts me. She’s gaining weight too and I feel bad. I want to help but I don’t know how. I’ve tried telling her what I do to change bc she is proud of me and try giving her tips but every night she Snapchats me while she’s eating large portions of unhealthy food. She’s also told me about how bad her binging has gotten and idk what to do :( she weighs more than me but used to be smaller.

I’m also struggling with staying motivated. Although I never am encouraged to binge anymore (at least in the past weeks) I am never motivated to work out. I workout 7 days a week usually doing 2-fifteen minute HIIT chloe ting videos and hopefully 30 mins of cardio once a week. I know if I don’t go all in with working out I will not see change and if I don’t see change I will go back to my ways. How often should I excercise? When will I see change? I know these sound like stupid questions but everything I have learned about a diet have been off of this sub. Also, one side of my body is seeming to lose weight (not much) faster than another and it’s weird.

Finally, what are some low calorie snacks I can eat? I usually don’t snack a lot but I see myself falling into a habit where I eat like 700 calories a day and I feel like I need to allow myself to healthy snack and get my calories up to 1100 to stay strong. Also does my weight loss seem healthy??

Thank you! I wish you all luck and I’ve been very inspired by this thread.

submitted by /u/throwawayyyyyy738272
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3edNqZs

No comments:

Post a Comment