Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Quarantine changed my view on cheat days

I've been on my weight loss journey for over a year now. From the beginning, I implemented one cheat day per week, where I allowed myself to go over my deficit and eat what I want. I would mostly schedule these cheat days in a way that they were on days I went out to eat with my friends, or have a movie night or something.

But now in quarantine with all those social 'pressures to eat' (ofc no one pressures me to eat then, but I don't wanna miss out on it either way) removed, I haven't had a cheat day in over two weeks, and I don't think I'll have one in the forseeable future. I have started exercising, so I have a few extra calories, and over the last few months I have learned to fit all i want to eat in my 1200 cal budget. If I want a pizza, I'll eat a pizza.

I have thought about having a cheat day, maybe at a day where I work out particularly hard so I have more calories anyways, but then I immediately think 'Why waste that on a cheat day? You can eat all that food anyways. Why not create a bigger deficit?'. It's not like a cheat day would mean any different food. I eat all the food I want anyways, just smaller portions.

I think I'll go back to having cheat days when that social eating is happening again, but I realised that I don't need it when I'm by myself, and personally I see this as a win. Just wanted to share :)

submitted by /u/lisa471
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aSq8pR

No comments:

Post a Comment