Sunday, April 12, 2020

Telogen effluvium and associated treatment? (23M)

Hey all! I hope everyone and their family is well during these times.

I had a question about if anyone here has experienced telogen effluvium, and if so, how/when did it resolve?

While I haven't been formally diagnosed with it and at first thought it was male pattern baldness, upon further research I think I many be experiencing telogen effluvium. I have long hair, but I noticed that I'm losing big chunks of it, it's a lot thinner than it used to be, and I have beau's lines on my nails (horizontal ridges) which is also associated with this kind of hair loss.

I've heard that rapid weight loss can cause it. I started in late January 2019 at 241.5 kg (532 pounds) and now I'm at 136.6 kg (301 pounds). I'm guessing this is the cause of it without being sure.

My question is, should I bother trying to seek treatment for it at this stage? I obviously have a lot more weight to lose, so I'm not sure if it's worth looking into treatments such as biotin or minoxidil if they won't show me any results due to continued weight loss.

If you have experienced it, how long after you reached your goal weight did you notice your hair return to normal? I'm pretty self conscious about this! Luckily I can now somewhat hide it with a manbun, but I'm worried it will become more obvious soon. Any advice?

Thank you all!

submitted by /u/21Sausagae
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cffLwH

No comments:

Post a Comment