Sunday, April 5, 2020

What does my body actually look like?

Hello! I'm currently in the process of losing some weight. I (18 F) started at 215 (5' 10") and am currently at 200 (!!!) I've gotten a lot of encouragement from friends and sought a lot of support, and it has been great.

However, as I'm losing the weight and watching the number descend, I'm struggling to find a 'goal weight' and visualize what my body will look like. Let me explain.

Since the age of about 10, I have been overweight. In sixth grade, I would say I was easily 20 pounds heavier than any of the other classmates, but I was also 6 inches taller. I was always told that I was going to be tall (Dad 6' 2" and Mom 5' 11") and that I would grow into that extra weight. I never did.

Both of my parents are overweight. My dad, not so much 'overweight' as he just has some extra "fluff", but my mom is incredibly curvy (like I am) and is probably 60-65 pounds overweight, roughly.

Given my genetics, and my being overweight nearly my entire life, I've never seen my post-puberty body at a regular, 'healthy' weight given my height and body type. I have no idea what number I should be aiming for on the scale. 160? 130? I don't know at what point I won't be able to lose any more weight, so I have absolutely no way to visualize where I want to be at the end of my weight loss and what that number looks like.

I've got some extra chubbiness around my tummy, but I don't know what a healthy weight for myself is given my body and genetic 'deck', so to say.

Not necessarily looking for any answers, because I know it's different for everyone, but any input on this, personal experience, or knowledge?

Thank you all in advance!

submitted by /u/herondael
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34gRZgP

No comments:

Post a Comment