Friday, August 21, 2020

16 y/o and 185lbs. Need some weight loss advice.

Hi everyone! I'm new here to r/loseit and honestly Reddit in general, but after watching LukeNarwhal on YouTube I decided to join and get some help here.

I have struggled with my weight for a long time, but it really began to get out of control around the ages of 10-12. I started around 215 pounds at 13-14 years old, after my mother forced me to weigh myself. I felt ashamed and honestly shocked.

Since then, I have now lost around 30-35 pounds by exercising on the treadmill and bike for about an hour every now and then, and track my food/calories and try to stick to a 1200-1500 calorie diet (I am around 5'2, or 162cm). I've been on a stump lately, but I have not gained any new weight, nor have I lost any more. I can't really change the food coming into my home much, but I do try to limit myself and portion things out as much as I can and track it into my MyPlate to help me stay on target for my goal weight (115-120lb).

I do emotionally eat, and I believe this is the reason why I ballooned up past 200 pounds at just 13/14. I'm trying to work on that as well as I cannot go to a therapist due to having parents that do not understand mental illness (I believe I may have depression, as I do have suicidal thoughts and have self harmed on multiple occasions) along with having not enough funds to afford a therapist.

Does anyone know what I can do to help with my eating or exercise? I recently got a dog for my 16th birthday, so he has been taking up a good majority of my time, leaving me less time to exercise (3 month old puppy).

Thanks to anyone who reads and/or gives advice! :)

submitted by /u/daddybob_ross
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34lBTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment