Tuesday, August 4, 2020

First binge in months... put some things in perspective.

I have struggled with binge eating my entire life (I just never realized what it was until recently) I started my weight loss in March, and I’m down 30 lbs !! Only 10 more to my goal. However, I just fell into my first binge since I started this whole thing. And I wasted it on half a bag of chocolate chips and half a bag of some marshmallows. To anyone curious, yes I allow myself to eat things I love and I don’t restrict myself from “bad” foods. My bingeing is more like a sense of lack of control, where it gets in my head and won’t stop unless I give in. I understand relapses happen, and I have to view my binge eating like an addict. It’s going to be hard, and I’m going to struggle, but i need to pick myself back up again and keep moving forward. This will NOT set me back. And I forgot how gross I feel after a binge, and I already know I’ll now be up all night with acid reflux. Using this as a lesson to remind myself that I made it the last 5 months without bingeing, I can make it even longer this next time. To anyone else who struggles with binges, do not hate yourself if you fall into a binge. Pick up, keep moving forward, and remember tomorrow is a new day! It happens to the best of us, and this is going to be a lifelong struggle to overcome and you won’t magically get better overnight. You got this!

submitted by /u/nihilistblues18
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31ozk1w

No comments:

Post a Comment