Sunday, August 23, 2020

I don't even know what my clothing sizes are anymore.

5'2, highest weight 200 + (I don't know by how much), CW: 140, GW 120. After unintentionally losing about 20 lbs, I started intentionally losing back in April. At first, changes were subtle, and then all at once. What I've found is that once you start to see results, buying new clothes is super tempting, especially in a case like mine where I'm the thinnest I've been since I was under ten years old. I cannot tell you how much money I've wasted on things that fit me when I bought them, but are too big a month later. I can't commit to certain pieces I love because they might fit like a dream right now, but give it some time, and who knows.

It's not really something you consider or even think about before you start losing weight. I think it's the "before and after" type of mindset we have about weight loss that's been so drilled into our brains that makes us forget, the whole journey is a transitional period. So now I'm left with a whole bunch of stuff from my 170 -150 days that I need to donate again, and in two months, I'll have whole new batch ready to go. My closet is separated into categories of "stuff I'm trying to fit into", "stuff that fits but not for long", "old fat clothes in case I get fat again", etc. It really is exciting and slightly irritating at the same time. I'm not really sure what my overall tone is with this post. It's kind of all over the place. But I just wanted to share an unexpected and sometimes pricey aspect of weight loss I certainly didn't anticipate. Keep at it everyone, you're all doing amazing. :)

submitted by /u/sliggoolagoon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j5snK6

No comments:

Post a Comment