Sunday, June 27, 2021

10 pounds lost?

Yay.

It is difficult for me to wrap my head around what I should say in terms of my weight loss numbers…

My heighest weight was 356 lbs in September 2020. It was during a bipolar manic episode. My feet were super swollen, which was very obvious, but nobody seemed to care. Other parts of my body might have been swollen, but the feet were the most obvious. My doctor (in the psych ward and my PCP)didn’t have an answer and didn’t seem to care to find one. At a doctor appointment a few weeks later, my feet weren’t swollen anymore and my weight plummeted to 342. I was congratulated on my weightloss but there really wasn’t any acknowledgement of whether whatever was swelling my feet- and the fact that it went away, might have been up to 14 pounds worth of water weight. Ugh. Anyway…

I kept going back to doctor appointments through January this year and my weight waddled between 336 and 342. I think the most recent weight was 342z The next appointment I had was last week….

May 23 I started a low carb/high protein/low calorie kinda-keto diet. I didn’t weight myself until the third morning of the diet. Since I had been eating crap for months not caring about myself, I was expecting to see a weight of up to 350 or higher. Instead, it was 330.

From experience I know that the first two days of a new diet can make you drop several pounds from water weight and bloating, but I just don’t know what that amount could have been since I didn’t weigh myself on day one…. I did some research on diabetes and weight loss and saw that high blood sugar could cause weight loss through muscle atrophy (yikes)…

ANYWAY. At my doctor appointment last week the scale said 323 and my doctor said some muscle atrophy during my previous crappy high sugar/carb diet was possible.

This morning it says 320… yay.

I don’t know how to think of this overall. Have I lost 10 pounds with a proper diet and some exercise, or have I lost 36 pounds? The top weight of 356 was during COVID so it’s not like any friends/coworkers saw me to notice a 36 pound difference (I was maybe 325-330 pre-COVID) I feel like including the 26 pounds pre-diet from my rougher times is disingenuous.

Oh well. Yay to 10 pounds with my new diet!

submitted by /u/misselliebee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vZFgLT

No comments:

Post a Comment