Thursday, June 24, 2021

I hit my first big goal but I am feeling odd about it.

I’m sorry if this post seems a bit all over the place, I have a hard time writing when emotions are involved.

I started my weight loss journey for myself about a year ago. Yesterday I reached one of my first major goals in my weight loss journey. As of yesterday, I’ve officially lost 1/3rd of my body weight. I have a little bit more to go before I am personally happy with the number on the scale. I took a little time yesterday to celebrate my victory and reflect on how far I’ve come but I looked in the mirror this morning and saw the same fat chick that started this journey a year ago. To me, I don’t look any different even though I know I’m making a difference because my clothes keep getting bigger and bigger on me, I don’t have to wear plus sizes anymore, and people are wayyyy nicer to me in public now. The amount of attention is quite unsettling honestly.

With all of that being said, I am beginning to wonder if I am experiencing some sort of body dysmorphia? Will I ever be able to look in the mirror and not see just a fat person looking back at me?

submitted by /u/StarkSparks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T6RwNd

No comments:

Post a Comment