Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Those who cook for the whole family, any tips?

I currently am on mat leave for a few more months, and then when I do go back to work, the work schedules make it that I will still be the primary cook in the house. Right now my calorie goals are in the 1200-1500 range, depending on what exercising I am doing (right now zero because heat dome. Oof) My husband has a very physically demanding job and his calorie intake calculation puts him as needing over 3000 a day. We have a 1 year old. Who thankfully isn't a very picky eater, yet, but has digestive issues and I have to carefully watch fibre and fat intake. Also trying to keep her eating a large variety of foods.

So I have three different feeding needs to meet, a restricted budget, and soon restricted time budget.

Obviously the easiest thing is just take smaller portions, but husband prefers high caloric foods instead of high volume. Throws a wrench in a lot dishes if I'm swapping out for low cal options (apparently he is super human for telling the difference in low cal substitutions).

It still just feels overwhelming to plan food that fit all three of our needs and preferences.

For those that are cooking for the family as the only one with weight loss goals, any tips or tricks that you have mastered? Suggestions for doing it? Or just dealing with the mindset of it being more challenging than only having to feed myself?

submitted by /u/SunflowerMarie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AiZeo3

No comments:

Post a Comment