Sunday, June 27, 2021

How many of you have struggled with disordered eating?

I guess I am looking for some hope.

I know all about CICO and have done for years. I have tried every version of dieting, lifestyle change, exercise&food combos. I know everything there is to know about weight loss. But For whatever reason, I can't ever seem to do it. I have had therapy (for other stuff) and dealt with all my other poor coping habits and replaced them with healthy ones. I don't even know why I binge....just that I do. I am slowly beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with me....and I am looking at joining OA.

I have also been told that most people who lose weight just gain it back, plus a little more.

People on loseit- did you know how to eat healthy at lose weight? Is this stuff new knowledge for you?

Its not new knowledge for me....I just can't seem to do it for some reason that goes well beyond motivation.

What I would like to know is- do I have a chance? Is it reasonable that I could lose all the extra weight and get down to a healthy weight and then stay there?

Recently a friend bought me Happy Fat by Sophia Hagen. Should I just accept myself as fat, make my peace with it, and then live life? I don't want to do that. But I don't want to be stuck in some Sisyphean nightmare of perpetual diets that don't work either.

I want to be a health weight. I know exactly what I need to do to get there. I just never seem capable of doing what I need to do. I was wondering how many people on this sub are here because they struggle with disordered eating, and how many are here because they don't/didn't know how to lose weight?

submitted by /u/AdFew1983
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wZqczf

No comments:

Post a Comment