Monday, June 28, 2021

How to lose weight slowly without losing patience/hope?

Basically what the title says.

F27, 90 kg/198 lbs, 172 cm.
GW: 75 kg/165 lbs.

I've lost weight before, but have always ended up gaining it all back and then some more. More recently, I went from 89 kg down to 84 kg over the span of two months, but that was extremely unsustainable as I was eating around 1500-1800 calories a day when my TDEE maintenance is around 2600.

My TDEE is so high because I exercise consistently every day. I walk around 16-20K steps daily, bike, lift weights 3x a week (5-6x in the winter), and throw in the occasional yoga practice every few days. I used to run, but because of my weight it's become a lot harder to enjoy it. I grew up extremely athletic too (danced ballet for 15 years, played soccer through high school) so I've cultivated a more active lifestyle very easily. I don't own a car so I walk or bike everywhere.

I'm restarting the journey now at 90 kg (198 lbs), which makes me technically obese at 172 cm (even though I don't really "look" that big). However, this time around I'm aiming for a much more reasonable deficit of 500 calories/day, so 2100 calories. I don't see a lot of people on this subreddit or really anywhere try to lose by eating so "many" calories, but I really want to go at it more slowly, at 1 pound of weight loss at most per week.

I know this is the most sustainable option, but it's really hard staying focused on weight loss when your eating pattern doesn't feel that restrictive anymore. More importantly, it implies a much more quiet overhaul of my bad habits that will hopefully not come back once I hit my target weight. But I keep getting "bored" of it, as I feel like my goal is much more intangible since it's so far off! What can be done to make this feel more like a journey and less like something I occasionally remember?

submitted by /u/Historical_Elk3915
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vWWNnL

No comments:

Post a Comment