Sunday, June 27, 2021

I want to go to the gym but I don't know what I'm doing, please help! (24F)

[24F; SW: 311, CW: 223] Hello all! I have been on my weight loss journey for about a year and a half now and I have lost 88 lbs! I have incorporated exercise into my routine for a while now but it is primarily cardio. I have lost a noticeable amount of muscle mass and would like to regain it in addition to boost my metabolism through strength training to maintain steady fat loss. But I have no idea what I'm doing. I've done some resistance and cardio workouts that I found on YouTube but I want to understand and know what I'm doing and be able to create my own workouts that work best for me. I currently do not have access to a gym but would like to become a member at my local planet fitness ad it seems to be the most cost efficient. So that will most likely happen in the near future. Where do I even start? Should I be doing full body workouts or designate certain days to certain muscle groups? How do I structure workouts? Like how many different exercises, how many sets, reps, etc. With my schedule I can make time for about 3 workouts a week. Is that enough? Do my workouts need to be the exact same every time or can I have variety (variety is preferred. I hate doing the same thkng over and over)? Do I mix in cardio? I'm also very open to trying exercises that require minimal equipment. I would like to attempt at least a few workouts at home to get comfortable with strength training before I step foot in a gym. I do have 3 sets of free weights at home, a set of 2 lbs, a set of 3 lbs, and a set of 5 lbs in addition to 2 sets of resistance bands. Right now 5 lbs seems to be challenging and not too heavy. Any exercises that can incorporate these are helpful!

Also, I have no idea how to use gym equipment and I have gym anxiety. The idea of being in view of others while working out freaks me out. Any tips, advice, suggestions on overcoming this is welcome! The more I know about what to expect before I go to the gym, the more confident I'll be when I actually go. I have no desire to talk to people at the gym and I hate asking for help from someone other than Google. Also just Any notes about gym etiquette is appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Any input is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/daddethkenn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3A2mLJT

No comments:

Post a Comment