Friday, June 25, 2021

A few random thoughts about my weight loss so far...

Hello! I don't really know how to start this post but I just want to put some thoughts together regarding my weight loss so far. :)

I started finally losing weight in December 2019 after spending my entire 20's, depressed, anxious and just don't caring about myself at all. I hated myself. I finally woke up some how and decided that enough was enough. I could barely walk 1km. I couldn't stand on my feet without my back, legs and body aching. I couldn't do it anymore and I was sick of not living.

I'm currently 30 years old, 177cm/5'10 and my starting weight was 163kg/359lbs.

I started my journey by cutting out all soft drink. I would drink soft drink usually every day with dinner (mostly Coke) and I haven't drunk it again since I stopped. It actually tastes awful now!!

I then started by gradually eating less. I didn't count calories at all.

I then started by walking on the spot in my room. I was too anxious to even go out for a walk because I stupidly thought people would judge me.

That was great for a week or so, and then I eventually made it outside and started going for walks. I could barely walk far without having to go home and now I am hitting 10,000 steps or more on most days! I can finally walk without nearly dying and without my body aching to death.

Walking has become a habit. I need to go for my walk or I feel terrible and guilty for the rest of the day! It is so nice to get out and look up at the sky, walking along and pumping some music in my airpods or listening to podcasts.

By January 2020 I had lost 37kg. Great!!

But weight loss started to slow down even though I knew I was doing everything right.

I started casually counting calories in January and I lost 7kg this year so far.

Cue my weight loss slowing down again.

I have been bouncing between 119-120kg for a while now.

I started getting discouraged and feeling depressed when I weighed myself.

I also stopped counting my calories because it was making me feel like crap when I had to do it.

But something happened today that made me want to write this post.

I measured my stomach and waist for the first time since January/February and I have lost 3 to 4 inches even though my weight hasn't been dropping recently.

When I saw this I was on the moon.

I won't let the scale make me depressed anymore. No more weighing myself every single day and then feeling deflated when I see my weight fluctuate.

There were also a few other moments that made me realise just how far I have come.

Today we were at the hardware store purchasing a shelf which weighed 40kg. I've lost around 44kg. I could hardly lift it at all!!! It made me realise just how much I have lost.

I sometimes dwell on the fact that I still have a lot of weight to lose... probably at least 40 more kilos. I worry about how much time it is taking.

But you know what? Today is the day where I start appreciating all of the hard effort and work that I have put in.

If you are reading my post up to this point (no matter how all over the place it is..) - thank you!!! And I just want to tell you that you are also doing great and to continue what you are doing. ☺

submitted by /u/fakehungerpains
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j88PrQ

No comments:

Post a Comment