Wednesday, June 30, 2021

My(24F) boyfriend(23M) is not losing weight no matter how much we work out and how little calories we eats. What else could we try to jumpstart his metabolism?

Hi All!

I'm writing this post in regards to my (24 F) boyfriend (23M). At the end of May-beginning of June, we made a promise to change our diets and start working out. You see, during the pandemic my s/o got extremely into baking and cooking homemade. This resulted a 40lb weight gain in 1 year for him, and about a 25lb weight gain in a year for me. Before 2020 my boyfriend was 5'8" and >140lbs. After the pandemic he got up to over 175 pounds!

Since the end of May, we have completely changed our diets. No butter, meat 1 meal a day (usually dinner), high in veggies - especially leafy greens, and high in other proteins like beans and nuts. He's cut his portions down nearly in half! E.g. he got a veggie wrap the other night and instead of eating the whole thing including fries -- he ate half the wrap and barely touched his fries. We're eating anywhere from 1500-1800 calories a day. Counting them and journalling. -- SOMEtimes on weekends we get up to 2,000 calories if we're having fun (drinking) with friends - but we're also usually burning extra during that time too - e.g dancing or playing on the beach.

In addition to the diet overhaul, we've been running 2.5 miles and then immediately swim 15-20 laps nearly every day on the weekdays. He's even started incorporating low weight arm workouts to tone up the arms.

Since this lifestyle change, I have lost nearly 8lbs in a month! But my boyfriend... he's getting really discouraged because he weighs 173 still! All of this dieting and working out and he's lost 2lbs in a month. I know metabolisms slow as we age, but when I met him he could lose weight overnight just by eating right! Additionally, I know there isn't much muscle gain coming into the play with the lack of weight loss because, well -- he looks exactly the same. I know body transformations take time though!

I am with him 99% of the day - we both work remote - so I know he's not sneaking food while he's gone. Any idea what could be hindering his fitness transformation?

submitted by /u/lifebythehorns69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hr7BWh

No comments:

Post a Comment