Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Finally hit One-derland today!

Finally, after more than 5 years, I saw a 1 on the scale this morning at 199.2 pounds.

I've struggled with my weight since 2015, and climbed as high as 260lbs in 2017 before getting fed up with myself.

It's been a long journey coming back down, with a lot of mild yoyoing along the way between 210-230, and even almost hit the 100s in 2019 at 202lbs, but then with holidays and quarantine I shot back up to 225. Finally, a year later, I'm back down again and managed to dip below 200 for the first time.

It's a very slow process for me, I don't exercise nearly as frequently as I should, and my eating habits are mediocre at best- but consistently trying to eat smaller portions and/or less often has slowly but surely taken the pounds off. Controlling appetite was difficult for a while, but it helps that, at least for me, after a few days or a week of restricting myself it kind of sets the new baseline for when I would feel full or stop eating, and it got easier to adjust to smaller portions or fewer meals. With how infrequently I do exercise, it's fairly safe to say that my weight loss has been almost entirely attributable to caloric reduction. I am still a couch potato.

My next goal is 175 pounds, and I think now is the point where I should maintain my eating habits but add in some exercise routines. Being heavy was hard on my feet and knees for any cardio outside of stationary bikes, but I prefer jogging and incline walking. After experiencing shin splints once in my life, was trying to avoid exposing myself to them again by overexerting during periods of motivation. I think I'm ready to easy back into it again, and maybe throw in some weight training to speed up the process and build some muscle. :)

29/M/5'8" - 60lbs lost

submitted by /u/peeaches
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zRdzrR

No comments:

Post a Comment