Tuesday, June 22, 2021

please tell me that weight loss fixed your high blood pressure

my life story as it pertains to weight: I was a fat kid, a really fat teenager, lost a bunch of weight around age 17, gained some back but not most of it, and now currently at the age of 26 I'm sitting around bmi 29 (230-240 lbs) and had gotten complacent at overweight but not "obese".

A couple weeks ago my doctor told me I had high blood pressure (confirmed with monitoring at home.) She wants to put me on losartan. I want to have a clear path towards getting off these meds based on weight loss and lifestyle changes before I start. I'm frankly scared by the idea of becoming medication dependent at such a young age. I figure a reasonable goal is a fourty pound loss, 195 lbs, which would put me firmly in the 'normal' range.

So: if you had high blood pressure before weight loss, did you see a significant change? how much weight did you lose and how much did it lower your blood pressure?

submitted by /u/zanycaswell
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vQbCII

No comments:

Post a Comment