Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Quitting smoking & losing weight- Exercise tips?

I read through some older posts with some suggestions/tips for weight loss while quitting smoking & I just wanted to get a little more specific.

The main things I saw were:

  • have low calorie snacks
  • exercise!

I can figure out the snacks pretty easily, though I'm always down to hear new/unique options. My main struggle is with exercise. I work a 9-5 job with about an hour & half added for commute. I sit at a desk all day though I do get up every hour to take steps when my Fitbit goes off. I usually feel pretty neutral when I get home, but with the nicotine withdrawals I've felt a little more... grumpy. So I wanted to ask y'all about some specifics for exercising with time constraints & no access to a gym. (I live 30+ miles from any gym, & I'd rather not spend even more time away from home. I like my house & my spouse, lol.)

We do have an ab roller, some dumbbell weights, & a treadmill. I know I need to stop overthinking & just use the things, but I wonder if anyone had any suggestions for a good routine? It's hard to exercise during the day as the garage "gym" isn't cooled in any way & 98°F (37°C) is absolute torture.

I would appreciate any advice, honestly. I was down 8lbs until I started to quit smoking-- now I just want to eat or chew on everything. It's so frustrating!

submitted by /u/curious-coffee-cat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35QaD0x

No comments:

Post a Comment