Thursday, June 24, 2021

weight loss and dopamine.

This cycle of healthy lifestyle/unhealthy lifestyle is making me equally frustrated and exhausted.

I feel good when I’m in a pattern of working out and making healthy eating choices. I’ve never regretted going for a run or eating a chicken salad. As each day comes to a close, if I’ve done all these things that benefit me physically and mentally, I sleep well and feel happy that I’ve made the right choices.

So WHY. Why does my brain still make terrible decision of ordering a bunch of unhealthy, highly caloric shit that inevitably makes me feel like absolute crap afterwards? If we’re talking dopamine and rewards system, isn’t eating and feeling like crap afterwards an inverse rewards system that should condition my brain to not want to eat said food? I suppose the actual moment of eating would be considered the ‘dopamine’ release but surely my brain has figured it out by now that with one good feeling comes the very badddd feeling.

It’s like I’m having a great time eating healthy and working out and then my brain goes “well let’s just fuck this up for 10 mins of equally satisfying happiness” …. ?!?!???

This is mostly just me venting, I know there’s a more scientific and biological reason for all these feelings but god dammit I just want my brain to be on my side for once! The rolls are increasing and I’m not okay (both the rolls being consumed in my mouth and the rolls forming on my belly)

Thanks for listening to my Ted talk

submitted by /u/imaportugesetart
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vPTWgl

No comments:

Post a Comment