Sunday, June 27, 2021

Body dysmorphia

I’ve never posted on this sub before I’ve just been following it and reading all the posts and it’s nice to see such a supportive group. I was hoping for some feedback and advice on body dysmorphia. I’m a 27yo female and I honestly can’t remember a time where i haven’t looked in the mirror and felt disgusted with my body. Looking back on high school I now realize I was at a perfectly healthy weight. I’ve gained weight post college. Now my goal is to lose about 50lbs I’ve been sitting at about a 10lb weight loss in the past few months. I had a wedding shower this past weekend and before leaving I actually felt that i looked decent. Once I took a photo with my sister and looked at it (she’s taller than me and has always been slim) i immediately emotionally spiraled downward and became disgusted with how i looked and I’m still feeling pretty down. I wanted to avoid all pictures. How do you overcome the negative feelings? Has anyone else ever felt they looked ok in the mirror then seeing a picture of themselves made them emotional?

submitted by /u/reddit4119
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UDY06t

No comments:

Post a Comment