Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Confused why i'm not losing weight // freshmen 15!

So, I gained the freshmen 15 (ended up being the freshmen 20 lbs, actually). I think part of this is because of the medication I took for my depression (I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago bc I'm not depressed anymore - besides from my weight and this diet, I am SUPER happy with my life right now). This is so frustrating too because I feel like I put so much effort into my eating at college, but I would often not eat dinner and then overeat on lunch the next day. It was a horrible way of eating, and I ate pretty unhealthy the entire, especially since I barely veggies. I also overexercised and would run a ton to fight the guilt (i had a few different running buddies so it was always social, which was super nice!) Also to add ... *I actually used to be underweight, so I have actually gained 30 pounds in the last 2 years, but the first 10-15 lbs were super important for my health, so I don't care about those.*

Anyways, so I am back home for summer vacation, and I am trying to lose 15 lbs before I go to college again. But, WILL I BE ABLE TO IT IN THE 12 WEEKS I HAVE LEFT BEFORE I GO TO COLLEGE? I am filled with so much guilt and shame for all the weight I have gained. Over the past 2 and a half weeks of being home, I have a put a ton of effort into losing weight. I have counted calories pretty loosely (I don't measure stuff out thou bc I have a pretty good idea of portion sizes already, and I don't want to be a control freak abt everything ... ex. measuring cauliflower seems ridiculous to me). At first, I was loosing weight super fast. I went from 141 pounds (i'm 5'6) to 137 in like 1.5 weeks, but now I have stayed there. My goal is 125 lbs. This is so frustrating. I know I have to be patient, but I don't want to have to focus on weight loss in college, so I wish the weight would come off faster.

My diet: I am eating about 1,400 to 1,800 calories a day. (I don't want to drop lower than that because I am young and need to make sure I am getting the nutrients I need). I eat REALLY healthy (which feels great). Breakfast is normally baked oats w/ fruit and maybe nut butter or yogurt w/ fruit. Lunch is normally a salad with salmon / protein and a side of gluten free veggies dumplings or a sandwich w/ hummus, avocado, and veggies. Snack is normally fruit, low calorie cookies (they each have like 25 calories and they are super yummy), or popcorn. Dinner is normally some kind of protein like turkey burgers, chicken, or salmon is a yummy sauce with a side of veggies and maybe a carb like brown rice pasta or quinoa, it depends. I never have desserts, maybe I would have fruit or a low calorie cookie.

Exercise: I am exercising 5-6 times a week. I do yoga 1-2 times a week for my mental health (I love it!) I then do cardio for 30 minutes (running, interval training normally though) like 2-3 times a week. I then do strength training (lifting weights) 2-3 times a week. I am not super strong so i normally use 8 lb (I'm going to try to increase to 12 lbs soon if I can) weights with 8 different exercises w/ reps of 10-12. (Will I even be able to gain muscle thou on a deficit?) I am pretty in shape - I could run 3 miles super easily and can lift weights.

I know I have not being doing this whole diet thing for long, but it feels like forever. At first, I felt super hungry all the time, but now I feel fine. Why am I not losing more weight? And, how do I develop patience w/ weight loss and not think about horribly fat I am constantly? Thanks!!!

submitted by /u/ellelakes2014
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d3LEv4

No comments:

Post a Comment