Saturday, June 26, 2021

Preventing Loose skin during Weight Loss - I know Intermittent Fasting helps (Autophagy), but should I incorporate Keto too? Plus other questions inside on how I can prevent loose skin WHILST losing weight

Hi all!

Before anyone asks, I've googled around and most of the posts around loose skin are about AFTER people have lost the weight. I'm just under a month into my weight loss journey (Male, 28 - CW 240lbs, goal weight of about 180lbs, height 5 foot 8) and want to do everything possible to stop loose skin.

I've broken down the post to highlight what I do for fitness and what I eat. The questions I have are at the bottom :)

------

My weight loss journey began at the start of this month (June 1st 2021). I started at around 255lbs and 26 days in, I'm now at 241lbs, so I'm loosing roughly 17lbs per month. This is what I do and eat:

Fitness Regime:

I walk around 7000ish steps every day, go to the gym 5-6 times a week (mixture of 20mins cross trainer, 30mins or so of weightlifting of all body parts (chest press, bicep curls, shoulder press, tricep rope pull down and leg press then finished with a 20minute/10km bike ride), which by the time I'm done with, my Apple Watch says I've done about 12,000 steps (7000 of these are from actual walking, I think the rest are from the cross trainer?)

Eating Regime:

I have cut out all crap food (sugary drinks, fast food etc) and have been eating healthy since June 1st (home cooked meals, chicken breast, lean mince, wholemeal bread, wholemeal egg noodles, brown rice, more vegetables etc) I've been doing Intermittent fasting (16-8, sometimes a bit longer and eating 1500 calories per day with around 80G carbs (27%), 35G fat (27%) and 133g Protein (46%)) and I've been losing weight at about 15-17lbs per month. Other than the weight loss benefits IF brings, I've also read that as the body has to enter Autophagy due to IF, this helps prevent loose skin, so I've been following it religiously

Questions:

  1. Is my Eating regimen and Fitness Regimen ok?
  2. Should I incorporate a ketogenic diet? Does this help with preventing loose skin?
  3. What exercises should I also be doing to help prevent loose skin? Primarily worried about loose skin on stomach and moobs.
  4. Does wearing compression t-shirts whilst exercising help with preventing loose skin?
  5. What other tips have people got to prevent loose skin WHILST losing weight? So far I've read about staying hydrated with 2L water a day, Dry brushing? (anyone got any further insight into this) and ensuring I take Collagen supplements whilst also making sure I get enough Protein in too

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I really hope I can get some great insight and answers from you all!

submitted by /u/mantaraptor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dfxy9M

No comments:

Post a Comment