Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Feeling unfamiliar with the way my body feel after weight loss

Hi all

Over the last few years, I've had a lot of life changes happen for the better! Got a job working on farms, have an amazing fiancee, been working on my mental health, and I [22NB] just bought my first truck and 5th wheel!

It's been a really exciting time going through my old clothes as were combining our stuff, and in the process I tried on a pair of jeans I hadn't fit into since I was in 5th grade, I've always been a size XL since then. It kinda dawned on me that without really forcing it to happen, I had managed to go from 242 at my biggest to now 185. I've been in sixes 14 and 16 dress sizes, but I tried on size 10 jeans and they fit beautiful now. They're the kind that have buttons instead of a zipper, and the buttons dont spread apart. All this weight went away in about 3-6 months and I wasn't even paying attention cause of how fast my life was changing.

I've been so stressed out since I put on those jeans. I looked at myself and I dont look familiar anymore. I'll feel how my hips point out more, stomach fall between my rib cage, or literally just a lack of love handles and it makes me feel lonely (idk what other word to use other than lonely. It feels like I'm unfamiliar). Like I would remember laying in bed at night and holding my stomach fat and jiggle it or something and I would find it comforting, but now I dont have myself to hold like that. I find sleeping so uncomfortable now, I use to sleep on my stomach and lay my head on my arms. Now the body position I've slept in for a decade has to change cause my guts missing, my thighs are smaller, and my arms are less pillowy and much more muscular. All the clothes I bought as a kid were from the plus size womens section, and it's weird dressing on clothes that I always wanted but were never made for me. Sex with my partner feel different cause I have so much less cushion for the pushing. Everything is and I didn't notice till now and it's kinda freaking me out.

I've been trying to find stories of other people who feel this way, but I can't. Idk how I feel about my weight loss other than just general discomfort. I know my body is changing and adapting to meet the needs I have for work and for the classes I'm taking (doing aerial performance classes rn, gonna get into horse back riding and martial arts soon!). I'm so happy that my body is able to do these things, now that I've put myself in a better environment, I just oddly thought that only my emotional and mental health would get better. I just never really thought I'd lose the weight, and now I dont fully recognize version of myself I had for most of my life.

TL;DR I want to hear if anyone else felt really unfamiliar in their body after rapid weight loss and kinda just what happened next.

submitted by /u/letsgomondo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U2578r

No comments:

Post a Comment