Tuesday, June 29, 2021

I haven't lost any weight all month but I've also gotten the most compliments on my appearance this month

F/29/5'5/205 lbs

I've been a bit frustrated because the scale hasn't moved all month for me.

I was on vacation for a few days in the beginning of the month which included my brother's wedding so I definitely ate/drank a lot and was not eating at a deficit. I also went home for father's day weekend and ended up over indulging by kind of a lot that weekend as well (I logged that weekend though!).

MFP says I was at a deficit the past 3 weeks. As side from those days I mentioned earlier, I stuck to 1000-1200 calories per day, walked 1-3 miles most days, and even started working out with a trainer for an hour 2x a week. My activity level during this month has increased significantly (I don't track my exercise calories or try to eat them back) but the scale says I haven't lost any weight since May 26th. I've lost 60 lbs so far through only CICO (little to no exercise) so I'm confident it's not how I am counting calories.

However, even though the scale says I've lost no weight, I kept catching glimpses of myself in the mirror and thinking to myself that I looked thinner. I would tell myself it wasn't real because the scale says I lost no weight, so I wasn't actually thinner. But I couldn't shake the thought when looking at myself.

Today at work I ran into a woman who from the office next to mine and she stopped me all of a sudden to tell me how great I looked. She's the first person who wasn't my immediate family to comment on my weight loss. She kept going on and on about how I looked beautiful and more happy and was asking me how I lost the weight and etc. I couldn't believe she was making these comments to me now.

Maybe I actually am thinner even though the scale isn't moving. I guess I just have to stick with it and trust the process.

submitted by /u/DrLexaloo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3y5riJU

No comments:

Post a Comment