Thursday, June 24, 2021

[Rant] feeling defeated and frustrated.

I’ve been inconsistent with calorie counting for a while but this week I’ve been excellent. In the past month I’ve developed more consistent workout habits, and in the past two weeks I’ve started going to a gym and starting up weight training (3x weight training, 2x 30 min runs a week). I’ve decided to be much more honest with tracking calories this week and weighing myself daily, especially because I wanted to test calorie intakes this week. I figured that my increase in exercise might mean that I am burning more so I tried switching my daily calorie limit from sedentary to lightly active, which I thought was fair because my lifting routine consists of 15m treadmill cardio, 30 minutes of actual lifting and ab circuits (45m total) and my 30m cardio days I run roughly 3miles.

So this past week I’ve been more honest and consistent with counting calories and measuring and weighing food, and I made my goal (TDEE-500cal) 2,200 calories, and all week I’ve been maintaining weight. Cool, so that means that the new calculation is overestimating the effect of those workouts, so I switch back to my original 1,800 (which should result in weight loss) but I got on the scale this morning and I’ve actually gained a pound.

I know that weight fluctuates daily because of water weight and there is a good chance I’m gaining muscle from the strength training but I have been trying and failing to lose weight using anything but a strict cardio program for about a year now. Lifting has made me confused about what nutrients I need to eat and how much, and for some reason I can’t seem to lose any weight when I strength train. I will admit I think I look a little more muscular and I can feel a difference in some areas of my body, so that supports the recomposition argument, but today I couldn’t run due to a pull in my leg so combined with that pound gained I just feel like a puddle of shit. I feel mentally defeated and crappy because I’ve been failing at this for so long and I’ve wanted to hit my goal of 185 for months now and I realistically should have.

Just feeling very frustrated, depressed and lost.

submitted by /u/SammyMhmm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3A4OiKS

No comments:

Post a Comment